Tuesday, May 15, 2012

SAT PLUS, DEF OF THE DAY, ETC...

DYSFUNCTIONAL
DEF: ONE WHO STRUGGLES WITH FUNCTIONS

The x- and y-intercepts of a line are 2t^3 and 3t respectively. If the slope of a perpendicular line is 3/2, the positive value of t is ?

Ans: 3/2

RANDOM THOUGHTS
1.  I've received several thoughts re my PolyAnagrams. I'm a word puzzle fanatic as you might have guessed by now and I enjoy writing these. Let me know if you'd like to see more or restrict a math blog to math!

2) I'm actually thinking of writing 50 of these and offering it on Amazon for a couple of bucks.  My question for my readers is, would you buy it?

3) I'm still frustrated by reviews of this blog that no one comments that it is essentially intended for teachers. I use the problems as a vehicle for deeper reflection about our practice. That's why I usually ask a series of questions after the problem. Does anyone actually read these!

4) I noticed that my post about an explanation of one of my problems drew more readers than all others combined! Should I interpret that to mean that my readers want to see solutions more than answers? Pls comment!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE Phone

1 comment:

willson said...

The solution of equations is easily solved by this graphical method.Just draw the two equations and calculate the different solution of it.And then find out the common solution of the two equations.You will get the answer.Its very easy.Ogive