Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rates of Growth Imagined

Which growth rate will make the Hulk taller?

A growth of 60% for the year OR
1% growth per week?
EXPLAIN!!


POLYANAGRAM

Fresh fruit is so expensive these days. I cannot find a _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _.

Fill in blanks, with two 5-letter words which are anagrams of each other.

First 3 correct answers to the math problem (with explanation) and the PolyAnagram will win my Challenge Math Book.  Email me at dmarain at gmail dot com.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE Phone

3 comments:

Justin said...

The weekly growth would be better.

(1.01)^52 would mean that by the end of the year, he would have grown 67.77% instead of just 60%

Also, it's tough to find a cheap peach.

Dave Marain said...

Great job, Justin!

YzW731 said...

I did (1.01)^48.. 4 weeks per month times 12 months per year?

I got that it grew 61.2%, which is slightly larger than 60%. So Hulk would be taller