Tuesday, March 27, 2012

State Testing Review Time In Your District=?UTF-8?B?Pw==?=

This is that special time of the year when some districts, particularly in elementary grades, hand out practice materials for the test and teachers are expected to devote the majority of class time to it.

Here's my question...
Does anyone out there feel that these materials seem to be somewhat different and of a higher level of difficulty than regular classroom materials/tests?  If this is the case then what are the implications for the child, the teacher and the district?  I do have strong feelings about this but I'll wait for your comments first. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Also I have to repeat a tweet I just saw from the brilliant Timandra Harkness from the UK. She made my day...

"I'm decorating my bathroom with those new fractal tiles. I think it's going to take forever."

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE Phone

No comments: