Laboring over the anagram of our Mathematician of the Month for hours, then having someone unscramble it in a few nanoseconds...
Oh well, I hope you enjoy this one. Remember there are rules which I will summarize below. To add to the usual requirements, you need to show how our Mathematician is somehow connected to our preceding star, thereby unlocking the hidden code in the puzzle. Otherwise all my efforts would be wasted!
DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ANSWER AS A REPLY TO THIS POST
- Remember to email me at dmarain at geeeemail dot com
- Pls pls use Mystery Mathematician July 2008 in the subject line!
(1) The name of the mathematician
(2) Some interesting info/anecdotes re said person
(2.5) Explain the code embedded in the anagram!
(3) Your sources (links, etc.)
(4) Your full name and the name you want me to use when acknowledging your accomplishment
(5) If you're new, how you found MathNotations
(6) Your connection to mathematics