If you like this variation, let me know...
This mathematician was unique in so many ways - it is about time we paid proper tribute...
Our wordplay enthusiasts out there (and most math people are!) will probably solve this quickly but DON'T FORGET THE RULES:
DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ANSWER AS A REPLY TO THIS POST (read on)
Remember to email me at dmarain at geeeemail dot com with
(1) The name of the mathematician
(2) Some interesting info/anecdotes re said person
(3) Your sources (links, etc.)
(4) Your full name and the name you want me to use when acknowledging your accomplishment
(5) If you're new, how you found MathNotations
(6) Your connection to mathematics