Poincare deserved the extra attention but it's time to move on. Our new icon holds a special place in my heart as much for his teaching and writing ability as for his original research in a field that occupied my younger days in research...
Please follow the guidelines for our contest:
DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ANSWER AS A REPLY TO THIS POST
- Remember to email me at dmarain at geeeemail dot com
- Pls use Mystery Mathematician Oct-Nov-Dec 2008 in the subject line!
(1) The name of the mathematician
(2) Some interesting info/anecdotes re said person
(3) Your sources (links, etc.)
(4) Your full name and the name you want me to use when acknowledging your accomplishment
(5) If you're new, how you found MathNotations
(6) If a new contributor, your connection to mathematics